Brian
Brian, HVAC Technician
Experience:  OFTEC registered oil heating engineer and plumber.
63187465

Im looking to intsall a Worcester Bosch 550cdi floor mounted

Customer Question

I'm looking to intsall a Worcester Bosch 550cdi floor mounted boiler but i'd like to put it into a cabinet in our kitchen, approx dimensions of the cabinet are 610mm square x 1900mm high. One side is against the outside wall, the other side is against the kitchen sink unit, the rear is against an outside wall and the front faces a 5m wide kitchen
Unit would be flued through the immediate outside wall.
Cabinet would have gaps of 5mm each side of the boiler, the cabinet door would be removable so that we can wheel the boiler out . The removable shelf above the boiler would be approx 300mm - 400mm away from the top of the boiler, there would be further shelves above this first shelf.
Can I place a vent at the bottom in the kitchn kick board and at the very top of the cabinet to make it a ventilated cabinet?
Thanks,
Martin
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.

Brian :

As long as an airflow is acheived then this is not a problem. but if the shelves are as big as the cuboard then the top vent is not really doing anything as the air cant move freely.