Brian
Brian, HVAC Technician
Experience:  OFTEC registered oil heating engineer and plumber.
63187465

My Glow Worm boiler is only 40 years old and the pilot light

Customer Question

My Glow Worm boiler is only 40 years old and the pilot light has gone out and will not re- light. I have re- lit it preciously with a blow lamp but it will not do it now. Help?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.

Brian :

Hi my name is Brian. The usual reason for a failed pilot light is a faulty thermocouple, you can buy universal couplings here http://www.screwfix.com/p/super-universal-thermocouple/97516?kpid=97516&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&gclid=CMT6s4uBlbsCFTDMtAodLEwASg

Brian :

Can you confirm the age of the boiler please and any model number you can see. Many thanks