Jerry
Jerry, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Epa universal certification, hearth products specialized.
34748161

30SXi Gc no41-019-14 Page

Customer Question

30SXi Gc no41-019-14 Page 10 of installation manual shows an External by-pass. Please advise when this is required in relation to a system having an OSO. SCI-210 Non Vented Hot water cylinder with large primary coil rates at 26kw ( emergency 3Kw immersion htr) Control system Honeywell Y plan. Central heating serves 3 bedrooms 3 dayrooms, 2 hallways 2 bath rooms generous towel rails, Hot water serves 2 Bathrooms both with showers,basin and bidets. 1 bath is a jacquzzi the other is a hydrotherapy bath taking 160 L to fill line. Y plan diagramatic shows a 3 port and a two port motorised valves with an auto by pass flow from a point between the valves to the primary return fron the cylinder. Cylinder is in loft above two floor house. Boiler is in separate " boiler room" off back door porch. My telephone 1423 881099. I am 84 old disabled . Plumber has difference opinions with You, Honeywell, OSO and is trying to "hoodwink" me. Your positive advice will be greatfully appreciated Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian replied 2 years ago.

Brian :

Hi my name isXXXXX standards now recommend that an auto bypass be fitted as close to the boiler as possible, this is beneficial to the end user because if all the radiators and cylinder is satisfied the boiler does not waste energy heating water to a distant open radiator or other means of bypass. For what it costs have it fitted it will save you (if only a little) and could be a means refusing a warranty repair if ever required. hope this helps, Best regards, Brian

JACUSTOMER-in03of0h- :

With repect you have not checked the boiler data. This boiler has a factory fitted internal By-pass. You have not appreciated or rewfered to Honeywell "Y" plan or OSO data regarding the HW cylinder so you have not become aware of the problem. In my request I thought (From the internet0 that I was communicating with Glow Worm Ltd in U>K>

Brian :

No Sir unfortunately not . This is not a problem just contact one of our moderators and they will cancel your question. regards Brian

JACUSTOMER-in03of0h- :

I therefor wrote " Plumber has difference opinions with * you.* The *you* refers to Glow Worm Ltd. I appologise for the misunderstanding. So Brian Why should the plumber put an extra by- pass directly under this new energy efficient

JACUSTOMER-in03of0h- :

wall mounted unit with solid state of the art controls? To proceed you need to obtain the basic data from the 3 manufacturers off the webb. Do you wish to proceed to help or abandon? I realise this is not easy. I an 84 yrs old

JACUSTOMER-in03of0h- :

and disabled (Ex RAF- injured Korea 1951) I was a member of ASHRAE and IHVE but now retired many years and

JACUSTOMER-in03of0h- :

not up to dateith modern technology Best Regards XXXXX XXXXX

JACUSTOMER-in03of0h- :

I am here for reply please

JACUSTOMER-in03of0h- :

Brian has agreed to opt out and advise me to contact your Moderator to cancel my queston.i do not know how to do that.

JACUSTOMER-in03of0h- :

Please cancel my question and dont charge my Credit Card. I am disappointed as I was misled by google.

41654.6344648032