Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511

Hi I have re,entered this question on a different computer

Customer Question

Hi I have re,entered this question on a different computer for payment security reasons.
I have a glow worm 35ci combi boiler and the the central heating comes on on its own even though the timer is timed to be off .
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Do you have a wireless thermostat?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Is the boiler mounted in an outhouse?

JACUSTOMER-kigf9g55- :

Yes its a wireless thermostat and the Boiler is in the kitchen

XXXXX XXXXX :

Ok, just a thought - can you change the batteries and then run it a couple fo days and let me know if it is any different

XXXXX XXXXX :

Also try taking the transmitter off the wall and placing it under the boiler (if that's where the receiver is) and seeing if that makes any difference

XXXXX XXXXX :

The boiler may not be getting the final turn off signal at night?

JACUSTOMER-kigf9g55- :

this would be quicker if i phone you or you phone me my numder is XXXXXXXXXXX is this possible cheers mark

XXXXX XXXXX :

That is not allowedd

XXXXX XXXXX :

Did it make a difference with the transmitter near the receiver?

JACUSTOMER-kigf9g55- :

It has got a salus wireless timer/thermostat and I changed and fitted a new one, the complete thing. I've checked out the times etc on the timer. At the time the central heating is coming on there is no-one in the house and it is also coming on at night and it is not programmed to do so. It is also not freezing cold so it is not tripping in to bring it up to the minimum temperature. The boiler just appears to switch on at random. Thanks - Mark

XXXXX XXXXX :

Can you confirm it is the same as before - so this would point to a boiler fault?

JACUSTOMER-kigf9g55- :

Hi yes its the same as before it is a boiler fault

XXXXX XXXXX :

Ok, does it come on when it is cold?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Can you confirm if it is coming on at the same time every night?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Does the boiler have a timer on the front of it?

JACUSTOMER-kigf9g55- :

Hi Andrew - the original timer went faulty over a year ago and had a new salus wireless stat/timer fitted. The boiler has run OK for a year. The boiler comes on/off as it should do with this timer and for some reason comes on as it's own.

JACUSTOMER-kigf9g55- :

With all due respect, I don't think all this emailing works for me. Even though we might get there eventually I don't have the time or the patience. Can I cancel this agreement and get a plumber in, or speak with someone directly? Regards XXXXX XXXXX

XXXXX XXXXX :

Ok, if you find that easier

XXXXX XXXXX :

I will pass this back to the customer services department as we only work online.