Brian
Brian, HVAC Technician
Experience:  OFTEC registered oil heating engineer and plumber.
63187465

Can you please help I have changed a RDB oil pump on my firebird

Customer Question

Can you please help I have changed a RDB oil pump on my firebird oil boiler.
It worked for a few hours and now the pump is seized . The kero in the tank looks the usual bright yellowish colour when I take a sample at the boiler.

Speaking to some of the boys in parts centre they have mentioned that a few years ago that the riel loo RDB oil pumps were failing at an alarming rate. Could this be the cause of mine going so soon. Have now fitted a pump from parts centre and it's been working for days now.
Any feed back much appreciatedBoilerman
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.

Brian :

Hi yes Riello did have a problem and they were all removed from the shelves. Something to do with an additive or more bio being used in the C2. They are fine now. It was a nightmare at the time though