Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511

I have recently bought and moved into

I have recently bought and moved into the house at xxxxxxxx and it has a Glow Worm Beta 30C Condenser Combi Boiler driving the CH and HW. However there is no record of when it was installed and so I have no idea of how old it is. Is there any way that I could find out the installation date from Glow Worm, maybe by when the Guarantee was first registered or something similar?

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

Have you got all the information from the data badge, the GC number etc?

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

No, I've looked around the boiler but other than it's name there doesn't appear to be any more info

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

Found an online manual with this GC number for the Betacom 30C -

G.C. No. 47-019-09 - Any Good?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Yes - is there any other numbers on the sticker or data badge?

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

Hi Andrew - I've found a pointer in the manual that says that the data badge is on the back of the control box. If I can figure out how to get to it tomorrow, I'll get back to you with any other info that it reveals. Best - John

XXXXX XXXXX :

No problem - just let me know, there will be a manufacturing date in the form of week and year on the plate.

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

Cheers XXXXX XXXXX get back to you tomorrow - all the best - John

XXXXX XXXXX :

Ok

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

Hi Andrew I've got into the boiler and looked at the data plate but can't see any date. Tried to attach photos, but unfortunately that isn't as straight forward as I'm used to and didn't work. Thanks - John

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

Ah just copy and paste worked. Let me know if this is all you need? All the best - John

XXXXX XXXXX :

I couldn't open them?

XXXXX XXXXX :

It took me to a link somewhere else?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Can you use the paperclip symbol and insert the picture into the conversation?

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

Hi Andrew - I tried the paperclip and that just locked up and so I tried the paste, which seemed to work. It'd be a bit tedious to type it all in and I can't create a WebSite at he moment to do it, as I'm away from my main base. However, I might be going back to London tomorrow and staying over, so leave it with me and maybe Tuesday, before I return to Kent, I could chuck something up onto the CyberWorld. Thanks - John

XXXXX XXXXX :

No problem - just let me know when you have done something

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

Hi Andrew - If you go to http://www.Customer.com/boilerdata the photos are there, of the Glow Worm Betacom 30C Data Panel and Guarantee Sticker. Do they give the answers? All the best - John

XXXXX XXXXX :

The first 6 of the serial number - 21/10/08

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

Excellent

JACUSTOMER-blrxtb61- :

Thank You Andrew - your help has been very much appreciated - All the best - John