Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511

i have a vaillant ecotek pro 28 vuw gb 286/3-3 we have heating

Customer Question

i have a vaillant ecotek pro 28 vuw gb 286/3-3 we have heating but no hot water coming from the hot water tap, the pressure is in top red
Category: HVAC
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

and when was it last serviced ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

due to family bereavements we missed it last year due april this year

OK, basically it should be serviced once every year to avoid any kind of problems...please check if the fill loop valves are turned on...usually that will cause the problem...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...Excellent feedback is appreciated...Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my partner has just checked them they are off we ran the cold water hoping to bring the bar pressure down

Turn on the cold water for few more minutes..till the time pressure goes down...There is a silver flexible hose at the bottom, try to open it and let it sit like that for few minutes...but think a flat head screw driver would also work

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

pressure is down but still no water from the hot tap

Is any error code flashing or has any error code ever appeared ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no code just the red light came on

Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
Are you saying the pressure gauge is reading about 3 bar?
You could have a filling loop that is passing, try disconnecting it totally and see if one of the ends is dripping.
Running the hot tap will not reduce the system pressure in the boiler, it is a sealed system.
Can you check outside and see if the PRV is dripping, this will be the 15mm copper pipe exiting the wall about 3ft below the flue terminal.

If the pressure is still excessive then bleed a radiator into a tub until the pressure drops down to about 1.5 bar.