MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
11519491

Hi We had a power cut today, when the power was turned back

Customer Question

We had a power cut today, when the power was turned back on there is now no display on the valiant time switch 140
any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
May I have the model # and also the age of the Valiant?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ecoTEC plus 831 is the boiler model, it's approximately 6 years old

fitted with a timeswitch 140

Hi thank you for that info.
Please check all circuit breakers at the main, and on the unit look for a reset button. That may be all thats wrong. But, with power cuts,sometimes and quite often there is a power surge that comes through the lines and can be deadly to the electronics.
Please let me know if when you check all that if you still cannot get a display.
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael

Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
f