MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
11519491

I am not sure if I am in the right section. My kitchen

I am not sure if I am in the right section.

My kitchen socket suddenly started to smell a little bit (burning). The socket only had two things plug in at the time (nespresso coffee machine) and kettle, kettle was being used.

I switched everything off, removed the screws and I can see the two brown live wife's are burnt and the plastic coating has melted together.

The house is only 8 years old and built by Taylor wimpey
Category: HVAC
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am also an expert in electrical and appliance so I will help you here.
Is this an electrical outlet issue?
As it sounds like it is.
Thank you Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is

Thanks Neil,
Yes that means there is a very good likely hood that the outlet is failing in a dangerous way and can cause a fire!
Its easy and cheap to replace, I will guide you if you want to do this yourself.
Please let me know and since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience: Handyman
y