Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511

Baxi 105he when running the hot water while the CH is off

Baxi 105he when running the hot water while the CH is off or not on demand the water suddenly runs cold. The water then has to be turned off then back on again after a while it will run hot. This rawly happen if the CH is on demand
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

It sounds like your hot water flow switch has stretched, taking more force to fire the boiler

XXXXX XXXXX :

Does this happen if you run the bath tap?

Customer:

It does seem to take quite a bit longer for hot water to come through if I run any tap with the CH off demand, would it help if I changed the hot water flow switch and increased the water supply pressure via the stop tap

XXXXX XXXXX :

It does take longer becuase uour boiler has to start up and then get to temperature - usually taking 6 seconds or so before you get hot water to the tap. whereas when the heating is on then the boiler is lit and hot already

XXXXX XXXXX :

If it keep going hot and cold whilst ruinning the tap then get the flow switch changed