Brian
Brian, HVAC Technician
Experience:  OFTEC registered oil heating engineer and plumber.
63187465

I have a 3 year old Ideal Logic+ Combi 30 boiler installed

I have a 3 year old Ideal Logic+ Combi 30 boiler installed and recently it has been generating a high pitched whine, especially when the gas cuts back and it is not under load. I have bled all of the radiators and both the heating and water are working fine but the high pitched whine is driving me mad (it tends to last for about 30-60secs then stops). You can also make it stop by demanding hot water. Any ideas what it could be? Is there anything that I can do to resolve it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.

Brian :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX sounds like it needs a service the burner probably needs a good clean. When the gas valve is modulating to the demand of heat required they can whistle at certain pressure.