MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
11519491

The compressor on my domestic heat source pump has stopped

Customer Question

The compressor on my domestic heat source pump has stopped working because, it has been suggested, a voltage surge tripped the Siemens 3RT 1024 1A switch. If the trips are held down and power turned on the compressor starts to run but we cannot get the trip switches to stay down. Can you guide me please.

AnXXXXX XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN3581
Category: HVAC
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Thats what we call the start relay, in your case it sounds like the coil in that part has failed, thats why if you manually hold it in, it will run. The power surge blew out the coil. All you will need to do is replace that part,the one you were holding that makes the compressor run.
Dont worry I will assist you when you have the part.
The best place for that is Espares:
0844 9777 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Tech Michael