Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511

I have a ideal boiler (HE18 icos) and a siemans RBW29 programmer.

I have a ideal boiler (HE18 icos) and a siemans RBW29 programmer. I have the programmer set to manual both hot water and heating off, so the boiler should be displaying a 0 in the window indicating the boiler is in the standby mode, this is not happening the window display shows the letter C even with the programmer in manual off position which means that the heating or hot water is on. the boiler fires up and stays on for about 30seconds then goes off this is happening constantly and the boiler is not going into the standby mode.

Ideal customer service told me that the programmer was at fault and advised me to fit a new 1. I had a new RBW29 programmer fitted but this has not solved the problem the boiler is still coming on all the time.

any advice would be greatly apreicated
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX : It could be a faulty 3 port valve, are you able to tell me if the lever on the valve is slack?
Customer:

I have no idea. I am going to call a engineer in to look at it just, wanted to no possible solutions so I could discus it with him

XXXXX XXXXX : OK, get him to start with the motorised valve as the most likely cause