Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511

WHAT COULD CAUSE RESTRICTION OF FLOW?. PUMP IS WORKING, KEEPS

WHAT COULD CAUSE RESTRICTION OF FLOW?. PUMP IS WORKING, KEEPS TRIPPING OUT WITH PUMP FAULT OR RESTRICTED FLOW
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
***** ***** : What is the make and model?
***** ***** : Your boiler may have a filter on the central heating return connection
***** ***** : Your boiler may be having issues with its pump not circulating correctly
Customer:

the make and model is an alpha cd24c the contrail heating is working fine the hot water works then the pressure indicator flicks up then cut out with the A led flashing and B on , I don't seem to have a filter in line as fare as I can see the pump again is working.

***** ***** : Just on the hot water then?
***** ***** : Do you have the approximate age of the boiler?
***** ***** : How was the hot water before this?
Customer:

the boiler is aprox 8 years old

Customer:

I had to slow down the water into the boiler to get any hot out of it

***** ***** : Ok, your plate heat exchanger needs descaling (just like your iron or kettle)
***** ***** : You will need to get someone out to do this for you
***** ***** : But ask them a price before they come to you and tell them that is what the problem is
***** ***** : Ring a few people and get the best deal
Customer:

ok thank you

***** ***** : No problem
***** ***** : Come back again if you need me
Customer:

ok thanks Andrew

Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience: Heating and Controls engineer