Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas
77408428

Hi - I have a Broag Remeha Avanta plus 30s - can you tell me

Customer Question

Hi - I have a Broag Remeha Avanta plus 30s - can you tell me how to charge the boiler - the pressure is only 0.1 bar. Thanks.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi . look for a flexible hose under the boiler . it would have a tap on either one side or both sides

JACUSTOMER-phguf1dj- :

Full Size Image

Customer:

Don't think that's it. It should link up the mains cold water pipe to the heating pipe

JACUSTOMER-phguf1dj- :

Hi - There isn't a flexible hose under the boiler - or anything in the pipes that would suggest a flexible hose was there but is now missing. The only think close is the valve (picture attached).

JACUSTOMER-phguf1dj- :

definitely nothing running out of the mains cold water pipe.

Customer:

Is it a Combi. Havnt had a chance to look up the manual yet. Sorry but just cooking food ATV no , would you mind if we talk in 10 mins?

Customer:

Hi . sorry about that

JACUSTOMER-phguf1dj- :

yes its a combi

Customer:

Hi . that's definitely not it . that is the heating pipe isolating valve and mini drain off

Customer:

Sometimes , depending on installation , I have found them , under the kitchen sink ,in the loft , in old cylinder cupboard.

Customer:

Usually because an installer was converting an old system and just took a short cut

Customer:

If you google filling loop and look up images you'll get an idea

Customer:

On page 29 of manual under installation it shows a filling loop

JACUSTOMER-phguf1dj- :

i'll look under the sink and the kitchen units when I get home in an hour.

Customer:

Ok , nonprobs

JACUSTOMER-phguf1dj- :

hi - cant see either the filling loop or anything it would connect to either to the cold water supply or to the boiler. do you think it's behind the cover?

JACUSTOMER-phguf1dj- :

Full Size Image

Customer:

Hi . its not a Combi. You don't have enough pipes. You have flow and return primary heating pies , gas and a safety pressure release pipe . do you have a hot water cylinder/tank . if your hot water pressure is good you may have an invented cylinder , ie megaflow?

Customer:

Look where your hot water tank/cylinder is . it will most likely be there.

Customer: Hi . There is a problem with our conversation at the moment . It is not connecting properly. I have informed customer services.
JACUSTOMER-phguf1dj- :

Hi - conversation seems to be back on - drawing a blank with the fill loop. attached is a picture of the water cylinder. its a new house (c 15-20yrs) so not a refurb. Is it right that the fill loop attaches the cold water supply to the boiler return. pipe when connected?

Full Size Image
Full Size Image

Customer: Yes . The system would fill via a small header tank on old systems but now its filled via the mains direct into the heating via a flow or return . Can you trace the mains water water pipe back a bit . Does it come from above or below or another cupboard .the mains is at the bottom with a drain off on it
Customer: They might not have used a filling loop but just a connection from mains to heating pipe with a valve inbetween
Customer: You might have to remove the insulation to check that
Customer: Hi . Could you please rate your answer , many thanks. , Toby