Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511

I was called out to a job earlier today because a boiler wasn't

I was called out to a job earlier today because a boiler wasn't working correctly bear in mind i am an electrician by trade but never mind. It was a Nibe Fighter 360p the problem was the boiler wasn't sending heat around to the manifold while it was in automatic mode, but when it was switched in hand it run fine the pump the mixing valve etc. Does anyone know what the problem might be or a direction which i can be sent?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.
***** ***** : Did you say the pump was not running in automatic mode?
***** ***** : It sounds like the thermostat is not reading the pipe temperaure right
***** ***** : Can you confirm it is still attached to the pipework?
Customer:

Yes the pump was still running and i couldn't see a stat

Customer:

it just wasn't putting out any heat nor moving the mixing valve

***** ***** : was the unit heated, as it should not circulate water unless it is hot enough or you override it
Customer:

yes it was i left in in auto for a good hour and the pipes went cold

Customer:

but the hot water still worked

***** ***** : It works like a Powermatic but heats electrically.
***** ***** : Does your model have a pump for heating and one for hot water?
Customer:

i only saw a pump on the heating

***** ***** : ok, perhaps a recommission may work - page 20 of the manual onwards
Customer:

also when i opened up the tray there was a relay that would just make and break constantly so there is something that is stopping it but there is no information on the web about it

Customer:

ok ill check it out

***** ***** : ok, let me know how you get on
Customer:

ok im just looking through the wiring diagram see if i can see anything that might be causing the problem

Customer:

well i think i just have to speak with their technical department on Monday but thanks for the help