Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi I'm joe I've replaced the PCB in my Maxima 35 S but its

Customer Question

Hi I'm joe I've replaced the PCB in my Maxima 35 S but its stuck in test mode using + and - buttons doesn't take it out of test mode
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hi Joe ~ I assume that you have carried out the holding in of the +- buttons for 3 seconds and then released them and done it again? If so have you carried out a reset? ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-6nzvtz3o- :

Yes

OK well as you are aware even if this doesn't work the board cancels the test mode after 15 minutes anyway, if this is not happening I would suggest that You have a faulty board ~ send it back and get it replaced. What was the original fault?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The original PCB was stuck in summer mode, the button mounted in the PCB to take it out of summer mode was faulty

If it were me I would do it this way if you can, take out the board again and check that all the wiring connections are sound and then with the board still out and making sure it cannot short out anywhere press the small microswitches that equate to +- see if you can cancel test mode with the board out. If you can then you have a further problems with the buttons, if you cant then its the pcb ~ remember you are working with voltages in part that can bite ~ Ian
How are you getting on with the fault finding, do you require further help? If not would you kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below ~ thank you ~ Ian