Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have annex on my house which my mum occupies.The gas and

Customer Question

I have annex on my house which my mum occupies.The gas and water is run by my combi boiler .Is it possible for mymother to have her own combi fitted to her annex?..If Yes about how much would this cost?..Thankyou
/
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Good morning ~ my name is ***** ***** you give me an idea of how large you annex is,??

JACUSTOMER-1ad0xk0v- :

13 Feet by 33 feet single storey ..lounge bedroom toilet shower room..three radiators one shower and two sinks

Dales-Electronic :

I would be grateful if you would explain you comment Bad Service we haven't done anything yet and I was just working out what size of boiler you would require. I cannot just magic one out of the clouds without the necessary calculations and further information, ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1ad0xk0v- :

I appologize for the rating Ian But it was saying you were off line so I thought you had gone

Dales-Electronic :

No worries, it catches everyone out, every time I stop typing for a period and you do the same the system generates a message saying off line, for anyone who hasn't used this service before it is very disconcerting and to be honest a pain in the ass for us experts. Right it is a fairly small place so yes it can be done, just a few more questions, and please don't think that I am prying but why do you want to go to this expense?. Remember you will be modifying the existing pipework, fitting a new boiler, connecting a shower and then the three radiators. This will entail capping or changing your system and re terminating a new installation ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1ad0xk0v- :

Thankyou.Because my mother is at home most of the time She has the heating on from early morning to very late at night..As myself and family are out most of the day..She just wants to have her own system so she Dosrnt have to keep Changing the settings on the boiler in our house and so she also has her own bill.

Dales-Electronic :

OK well firstly let me do a bit of research for, I will repost it later today, but in answer to your question yes it can be done, I will calculate what size of boiler I think you should have and then come back to you with the information. Once you have the information I would be grateful if you would re-rate my service to you. Speak to you shortly ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK these are very broad brush figures as I'm not sure where you live and what the cost of local tradesmen are ~ from what I can see you will need a 20-24kw boiler, this is the smallest combi boilers that you can get but will easily keep Your Mum peachy and warm, from a cost point of view you can get them for anywhere around £500 upwards there is one at Screwfix for just under £500 with a two year manufacturers warranty. Cost of installing the boiler will be about £600 but you may find that you have to add a little extra because of the modifications that he has to carry out. On a second point, boiler engineers are funny in that they usually like to work with one manufacturer of boilers as they become familiar with the way they go together and work ~ it usually an advantage to go to your local builders merchants and find out who they recommend and what they would fit. I hope this information has been of help to you. Would you kindly rate my service which will allow me to close down the job on the system whilst at the same time allowing you further questions at no extra charge ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-1ad0xk0v- :

Thankyou for the information Ian It was very Helpful..***** ***** Newport I o w

A pleasure ~ have a great and of year and enjoy the New Year celebrations. With best regards ~ Ian