Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas
77408428

Stiebel Eltron WPF10 GSHP. cuts out showing HSPMax. Can restart

Customer Question

Stiebel Eltron WPF10 GSHP. cuts out showing HSPMax. Can restart but may only run for a few mins, then same fault shows, Chronic problem, but last week ran for a whole week when pressure vlave on top of machine showed a reading of around 1. when it stops now the needle is at top of the green area on the dial. Today drained off about 3 gallon which helps it start but doesn't stay on.
Any ideas?
Alan Burnett
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

Hi , does the pressure to rise continously

Customer:

When you say valve has released about 3 gallons, do you mean the safety valve?

JACUSTOMER-rde1yetp- :

Yes safety valve leaks that out. I can start it using using the "quick start " and it runs OK, but has no relationship to the programme and just runs continuously. When I stop quick start by closing the flap it stops and no fault shows on the screen, but it does not start spontaneously or using the start up option. When it runs ithe safety valve reading on top of the machine can be low or well up in the green areas.....doe not seem to matter.

JACUSTOMER-rde1yetp- :

AB

Customer:

Hi ,how old is the system ?

Customer:

And how do you fill the system ? Is it via a filling loop?

JACUSTOMER-rde1yetp- :

7 years. There is a connection to the system from the cold supply.

JACUSTOMER-rde1yetp- :

AB

Customer:

Hi . I am opting out . have a feeling the issue may be too complicated with my limited knowledge of heat pumps , all the best

JACUSTOMER-rde1yetp- :

Thanks anyway.....I guess it's an issue for the manufacturer

Customer:

I think so , the setting up of these is so technical as well , but m sure the manufacturer will be able to help ,themselves or recommend someone