MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
11519491

nibe fighter 360p. ever since a power cut last weekend for

nibe fighter 360p. ever since a power cut last weekend hours the unit is not providing enough heat nor heating the hot water enough. despite the air temp being 18.5c and the immersion element coming on when the extra hot water function is activated. water temp is only reaching 37c and the flow to the underfloor heating is only reaching 35c (realise that is quite warm but trying to get a flow temp of 41c)
Category: HVAC
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
, I am sorry to hear that. This kind of issue happens a lot when power is disconnected extended period of time. This will need service to fix because it has one of two issues. it could be that an electronic component is failing, this happens when the power is removed from the main power board and transformer. What happens is the parts cool, and when they do,they will fail because of contact failing as the board and solder joints flex. Very common.
Or you can replace the board if you do have electronics experience and a meter . Or I can guide you to a good source part(s) you will need.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael,

which part of the board would you suspect, is it the main control board under the grey panel which drops down or the one which has the majority of sensors attached to it located nearer the bottom of the unit.

i have some experience a test meter and a soldering iron.

Cheers Iain

Iain, Usually this will be caused by the main board because its the one sending the power where it needs to go to power the various components of the system;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael

oddly enough the power is getting through to the immersion element which has two out of five element sections with power going to them.

Even with the compressor running and the power to the immersion elements the temperature still wont rise above 38c

Iain, it could also be a coolant leak but I doubt that very much, usually this will be the board. The compressor gets full supply voltage through capacitors so it would run in this case;-)
Its also possible there was a power surge associated with the power cut and that may very well have caused the damage.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

heat exchanger section seems ok, 19c in 1c out. I will check the boards tomorrow as the system isn't in our own house. its in our holiday let which is down the track from us. dont think anything is damaged from a power surge as it all seems to operate as it should except this limiting of water temp. makes me wonder where the energy from the immersor and heat exchanger are going?

Iain,
It could also be a stuck zone valve not allowing enough hot water flow through the floor pipes. There really is a lot to check.
But if you will rate my service at this point I can stick with you until we have this sorted out, I have many resources at my disposal on this unit;-)
Have a nice evening Iain;-)
Tech Mike