MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
11519491

I have a wonderful SAEY FENIX60 woodburner but today when I

Customer Question

I have a wonderful SAEY FENIX60 woodburner but today when I lit it the high speed startup fan works well but it never gets to being able to switch to slower speed. I have had this fire working beautifully years perfectly but now it is not possible to reduce the fan speed? Can you advise the action I should take.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear that. Does the switch that controls the fan seem to feel any different?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry been away from computer. The switch feels just right just not switching on slow speed fan. I am aware that it should only work when the unit is at a certain temperature and I can assure you it was very hot when I tried but nothing. Wondered if it could be the sensor?

Sue yes that is correct. the sensor will turn the unit on and off but also the fan switch could have failed. In this case I would replace both parts because they aren't very expensive and once you have it apart its one of those times you should replace both so you dont have to do the job again long time;-)
The best place to get the parts is:http://www.stovespares.co.uk/.
Its best to call parts below is their phone contact information. When you have the parts I will help you with the replacement;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Sue!
Tech Michael
Stove Spares
Woodburning and Multifuel Stove Spares
Capton
Dartmouth
Devon
TQ6 0JE
0844(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Michael. I have just been on to the parts people and they are looking into which parts I will require.

Sue,Sounds good, let me know how that goes;-)
v
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still waiting . They are arriving in the UK this coming week and will be with me the week after.

Sue, Thats fine, just let me know when you have the parts;-)
Have a nice Sunday afternoon;-)
Tech Michael