MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
11519491

Having problems with Baxi Megaflow system HE A range,Keeps

Customer Question

Having problems with Baxi Megaflow system HE A range,
Keeps shutting off .
Have had system flush and drained checked valve and thermostat and checked timer,any suggestions please .
Category: HVAC
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that. How old is the system?
Also when does it shut off, how long will it run and does it produce heat for that time period? And, do you need to preform a reset each time it cuts out?
Please answer all of these questions so I can help you properly:-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

4 years old

Heating is fine when put on constant independently as soon as I put water on aswell radiators lose heat x

Hi Jan, So the unit only fails when you call for hot water?
Is that correct?
Thank you Jan.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Thanks Jan,
This either a failed diverter valve or more than likely a relay on the main control unit.
This si something that needs to be checked by a heating and air Technician because they have the specialized test equipment to say for certain which one it is. In my experience with this unit, its an electrical fault on the main control board and most of the time its a bad relay bit it could also be a bad transistor that drives the relay.
SO this is best to have looked at unless yore proficient with electronic troubleshooting. I wish I had better news for you on this I really do but I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Jan.
Tech Michael
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience: Handyman
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is that the same as heat exchanger Jan

Hi the parts are not the heat ex changer but the parts that control the unit operations. Whats happening in your case is that when you call for hot water, it stops supplying the radiators so thats an electronic issue, hope that makes sense to you:-)
I'm here if you want to know more.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's sound costly!!!

Hi it may be a bit pricey if they recommend replacing the whole control board but it may be as simple as a faulty valve or they may replace only the failed component.In those cases it wouldn't be too expensive at all.
But a experienced tech is really needed for this diagnosis.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou

You are quite welcome and thank you as well;-)\Best of luck ;-)
Tech Michael
s
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi it's Jan

Just a quick question when the heating and hot water on together boiler heats really quickly in almost seconds and then shuts off so is that still the control panel x

Hi Jan, yes I still suspect the same issue. When they fail, they can do all sorts of crazy things loll;-)
Tech Michael