Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas
77408428

Our solid fuel eta boiler has a warning and is beeping: Draught

Customer Question

Our solid fuel eta boiler has a warning and is beeping: Draught Fan Blocked. What do we do?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi , it sounds like your flue is sooted up . this is one of the things associated with solid fuel and they need regular cleaning. Call he installer and ask for a service . I wouldn't recommend doing this yourself

JACUSTOMER-3qwh3hm7- :

Should I shut down the boiler, or let it burn out? There is a warning sound and a rattle at the back of the boiler.

JACUSTOMER-3qwh3hm7- :

We have a service due next week. This boiler does central heating and hot water for a pub and our large house - there is a second which is going ok. I am just worried about keeping it going - is it dangerous?

JACUSTOMER-3qwh3hm7- :

I see you are offline. Please email as soon as you are back. I keep having to go and check the boiler.

Customer:

Hi , I would shut down the boiler or try to get your service guy to come earlier