Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

weve recently purchased a Contura 566 Style wood burning stove.

weve recently purchased a Contura 566 Style wood burning stove. Eveverything has been going well, max temp 200C, then last week acracke developed in the glass inner door, has now extended to the outer glass. Started small, now 43cm on outer glass. How could this happen and what can we do?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hi my name is Ian ~ did you buy the stove new?

Customer:

Yes the stove was bought new from local stove store

Dales-Electronic :

In that case I would take it back or at least the door and get them to sort out your problem under the warranty, usually these breaks are because the glass was stressed when it was originally fitted. First port of call is the retailer ~ legally he is the one responsible for resolving the issue for you ~ Ian

Customer:

Thanks for the advice, will followup tomorrow

Dales-Electronic :

ok would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below ~ all further advice is then free of charge ~ Ian