Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas
77408428

Vaillant Ecotec pro seems to have switched self off

Customer Question

boiler digistat and powerbreakerVaillant Ecotec pro not working - drayton digistat below is off and there is a red light on powerbreaker box under that - how do I fix?

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi , is the hot water working? If not can you check the pressure gauge reading on the gauge at the bottom right , is it in the green ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No there is no hot water. Gauge on bottom right is in grey. Please help!pressure gauge

Hi , can you top the water up slightly using the filling loop underneath . open the two black taps until you see the pressure go up slightly . don't go into the red . turn off the power for two mins then back on . also do you have anything on the boiler displaydisplay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried what you said but it seems to have made things worse - I turned on the hot tap and the boiler looked as if it would explode! The red light is still on the powerbreaker.

Sadly you have not helped but thank you for your efforts. I will call a plumber to come as soon as possible.

I hope I will not be charged.

OK , think that's best