Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas
77408428

We recently moved in to a park home which has a Vaillant boiler

Customer Question

We recently moved in to a park home which has a Vaillant boiler which runs on propane. Our problem is that our radiators, when the thermostat is set to 20 degrees C, get very hot for a few minutes, then cool until they are completely cold, then the cycle begins again. We don't know how to adjust the boiler so that it provides a steady temperature. Can you help please? Yours, Bill Glynn.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What more information do you require? We moved in to this property 11 months ago, and the boiler was already installed. It looks modern, but I cannot find any serial numbers or model designation to give you. The previous owner told us to control it via a remote wall thermostat with the results I have previously mentioned. I cannot think of any more to tell you. Yours, Bill Gynn.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi , how many radiators do you have?also is your room stat close to a radiator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about the break in communications, my computer has been in hospital for the last 3 weeks. We have 8 radiators, and the stat is about 2 feet above one of them, which I suppose is not a good thing.

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , it sounds like the radiator is shutting down the system before it has a chance to heat tyhge whole house. The stat may have to be moved . this can be done with a wireless, putting the received where the old one was and using that wiring.
But to confirm this . turn off the radiator completely both sides so it doesn't hot at all and see if the system runs without shutting down .