Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas
77408428

I had a new Worcester green star ri18 installed in June. The

I had a new Worcester green star ri18 installed in June. The heating will only work if the hot water is on at the same time. When the water reaches temperature the boiler goes off even though the heating temperature is not reached.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I'm afraid to say your heating system has been installed wrongly.
You have to get back the installer to correct it . were they gas safe?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a one pipe system. The installer has been back to check different things and still has no answers. He keeps telling me it's because it's a one pipe system.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

It it doesn't matter if it is a one pipe system , they could have still given independent hot water and heating.They could have added separate motorised vvalvesone for the hot water and one for the heating.

If they didn't study here at plumbing college they probably have no idea about one pipe systems .

Sorry , but the way they have left you his unacceptable .

Ask for their gas safe number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it be electrical. The plumber seems to think it could be ?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
No, its not electrical. Was it only the boiler they changed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They changed the tank, pump and put on a motorised valve
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry but it has been installed incorrectly. There's not much more I can say . I would get them back to sort it out .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem I've got is if I get someone else in it will cost me more money and let him of the hook. He just can't work out what is wrong and tells me all the pipe work is correct
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
What you could do is ask for someone for a quote to put it right ,then charge your guy the bill .or give them the option to do what needs to be done .
If they arnt gas safe registered then you have them over a barrel as they have committed an illegal act
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas