Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas
77408428

Please can you tell me how to set up my timer so I can control

Please can you tell me how to set up my timer so I can control my heating? I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 42cdi erp Classic. At the moment day is wrong and the heating is coming on at night
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , is your programmer built into the boiler or separate? Can you tell me the make and model ofvthge programmer please .thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a comfort rf GC No. 47-406-71
Julie
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , sorry but that is the boiler model not your programmer. How do you turn your heating on and how do you turn the room temperature up and down?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi turn the heating on at the boiler and the temperature is controller by a stat on the wall. It has only just been installed so sorry if I'm vague. If you look at the operator guide there is a picture of it. But no instructions to change the date and time etc
Jukie
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , could you take a picture of boiler and room stat and uoload them ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have taken photos, where do I upload them to, do you have an email address?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have sent photos in email to you
Julie
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , just going through the instructions
Google. worcester bosch comfort rf wireless control installation instructions and click on second greenstar comfort 1rf . if you want to download them too .
The radiator symbol on the controller turns the heating on,off ,auto ,once
So you could use this to turn heating off and on , whilst I go through the instructions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. It's on auto at the moment, saying wednesday at 15.26
Julie
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi , this is how to set the clock, see how you get on . I'm sorry but got a really early start . if needed can we carry on tomorrow ? Thanks

Time/Date This function allows the current time and date to be set, this would be used on initial set up of the Programmer or if the time and date were lost due to the boiler being switched off for an extended period of time. Turn the knob to select Time/date and press to enter the Clock time function: ▶ Press the knob to select clock time and the hours flash ▶ Turn the knob to select the correct hour ▶ Press the knob to confirm the selection and minutes flash ▶ Turn the knob to select the correct minutes ▶ Press the knob to confirm the selection ▶ Turn the knob to display the date ▶ Press the knob to select the date setting, the day flashes ▶ Turn the knob to select the correct day ▶ Press the knob to confirm the correct day and then the month flashes ▶ Turn the knob to select the correct month ▶ Press the knob to confirm and then the year flashes ▶ Turn the knob to select the correct year ▶ Press the knob to confirm to set the year ▶ Turn the knob to display DST (Daylight savings time) ON ▶ Press the knob and ON flashes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I press the knob it brings up 'until 16.30 5 degress' when you press the knob again it takes you back to the time (wrong) do I have to do something before pressing the knob .
Sorry for so many questions
Julie
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Press the knob then turn it till it reaches time date ,then press the knob in .
So the way it works is press and turn then press to ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** there must be something wrong with the knob as it doesn't go anywhere when you turn it past the screen I mentioned before, so will have to go back to plumber who installed the boiler
Thank you for your time
Julie
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
You are turning the knob on the boiler controller?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep the one above the blue light
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,can you try one more thing.
Press and hold the advance menu button for three seconds to enter the menu . then turn the knob till you get to time day mode ,then press the knob , thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Omg I've done it!! time/date in settings and timings in heating
Thank you so much for you help and patience
Julie
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome , I'm glad we got there.
Would you mind rating me ? Thanks and goodnight
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas