Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511

I have a customer who's ascari boiler keeps cutting in every

Hi I have a customer who's ascari boiler keeps cutting in every hour since the tp valve was repaired I replaced the circuit boards but it is still happening as far as i can tell it is just the pump cutting in Derek
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
Is the boiler not maintaining the heat correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Andrew as far as I'm aware it is the problem is that the pump keeps coming on without the motorized vavles open which causes the pump to make a lot of noise.

The pump is ment to cut in occasionaly even when the boiler is in the off position but now it is cutting in all the time.

Regards Derek

Can you disconnect the grey wires from the motorised valves one at a time.
You may find oner of the motorised valve microswitches is stuck - these valves control th epump and boiler.
Check if the boiler has a pump overrun (pump wired directly to the boiler) and if so then there may be a problem with it.
If the boiler has an overrun on an S plan then there should be a bypass fitted anyway
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have already checked that the micro switches are going off when the valve closes.The indicator which comes on when the micro switches are on doesnot come on which indicates the micro switches are not the issue unfortuanately I can't get any information on what tells the pump to cut in from Redring who have supplied the boiler.

Regards Derek

Is the pump wired to the boiler directly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes the pump is in the boiler enclosure

ok, when the pump cuts out are ther any lights/flashing lights on the boiler?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I was there no lights flashed but I have only been on site once when the pump was running the only other thing that could cause the pump to cut in is one of the boiler sensors I have called Redring to aske which sensor would do this but they haven't replied.

The main boiler thermistor will keep the pump running but normally just when the boiler is heating