Brian
Brian, HVAC Technician
Experience:  OFTEC registered oil heating engineer and plumber.
63187465

Grant combi mark 2 90 think has an air lock

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
Hi if it has an air lock try turning it on and off a few times this sometimes allows the circulating pump to push any air through the system. If this doesn't work could you explain in more detail why you think you have an airlock.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Boiler is firing fine but not producing hot water or heating
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
it could be the circulating pump, what pressure is the gauge reading? Is there any reason for an air lock?recent drain down, leak etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pressure is between 1 and 2 boiler hasn't been on for 6 months and new oil added to tank
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
this does sound like the pump has jammed try giving it a tap with a mallet or back of a screwdriver.just one more thought is the boiler getting hot and actually firing and flue getting hot
Brian, HVAC Technician
Experience: OFTEC registered oil heating engineer and plumber.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pump is working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No reply, awful service
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam