Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas
77408428

I have a redring active 350s shower - the water keeps running

I have a redring active 350s shower - the water keeps running even when the shower is turned off . It only stops when turned off at the mains . I am wondering whether it is solenoid valve or a switch problem.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It keeps running cold afterwards , not just the 7 seconds which the manual says but just doesn't stop.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi , most likely the solenoid valve or the on off switch
The on off switch could be a problem with the flow stabiliser valve or the front panel .check there is full movement with the control knob.
Take the cover off and operate the control knob manually .be very careful not to touch any electrics..
Here is a full list of parts.
http://www.showerdoc.com/redring-active-350s-shower-2006-current-shower-spares.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks that is really helpful - is there anything particular that I should be looking for if it is the valve ... Is it easy enough to replace myself or should I get someone in ?
For the valve, I would try to operate it with the cover off .if it works fine then it is most likely the plastic control knob worn . if it doesn't then it will be the valve . to be honest Its not that hard to change.its worth having a go, and if you have to call someone in you already have the part.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks I will give it a go ..... It failed within about 18 months of purchase but never got round to sorting it under warranty. Don't really like the on/off ring mechanism .... What's wrong with a button !
I will be sure to ask for you again should I need more advice in the future.