Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The display will not light up

Customer Question

The display will not light up
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lp20 extra flame boiler we replaced the control circuit board and the boiler will do nothing no display or anything could the other board be damaged too or isomething it something else?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
When you say you have replaced the control circuit board do you refer to the main control board or the display board. Secondly can you confirm that you have 240 volts at connector 2 main power input to main board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we replaced the main circuit board and there is power along all the connections
OK lets go back to basics here, why did you change the main circuit board in the first place? You state that you have power along all connections, which specific ones?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It burn marks on it. We put in the new board and installed it but nothing happened the display did not come on. We checked the wires there all fine. So we think it must be the additional board that's casing the problem
OK do you have mains 240v at connector 34 on the small pcb and 50 on the connector strip?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we do
OK well this is the supply that powers the secondary board which feeds the display so either this board or the display itself is damaged.
Would you now kindly rate the information given to you using the stars at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thanks for using JA and have a nice evening.