Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas
77408428

I have a worcester heatslave 20/25 hw and ch don't seem

Customer Question

Hi I have a worcester heatslave 20/25 hw and ch don't seem to respond to timer and I have to work them manually but they won't work at same time , it's either hw on and ch off or vise- verse
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 12 months ago.
Hi, most likely the timer is faulty. What is the model?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi its a worcester heatslave 20/25 - also it's now going onto lockout and won't reset - there's plenty of oil.
Hi , most likely going out on overheat stat. Turn the power off to the boiler for 5 mins.Bleed the rads, check for manual air release valves on the pipework in the cylinder cupboard. Check for water in the header tank. If all these are ok check the pump is working. A red hot pump indicates it has seized. Open the pump bleed screw on the pump face and insert a screw driver gently to see if the impeller is spinning.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OK I've noticed there's drips of water on bottom of red cylinder
Hi , your boiler may have lost pressure. Make sure the pressure gauge is at 1.5 bar , then reset
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It was after I increased the pressure to 2.0 bar that I noticed it went to lockout yesterday and there was drips of water at cylinder this morning
Ok, is the boiler still not working even though you have increase the pressure?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No
Is that the same for both heating and hot water?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yes
Sorry was away for a while. Reading through again,it sounds like your issue is faulty temp stat , most likely on the flow side. If the boiler