Jerry
Jerry, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Epa universal certification, hearth products specialized.
34748161

HelloI have a Vaillant Turbomax combi boiler that makes a

Customer Question

hello
I have a Vaillant Turbomax combi boiler that makes a clunking/clicking sound when it is turned on and disappears when it gets to temperature. If you have any ideas i would be grateful
Regards Neil
Category: HVAC
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 11 months ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Adam I am happy to wait until someone is available to answer my question
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 11 months ago.
Does it seem louder if you are standing outside the flue?It sounds like the fan motor bearings wearing down
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I'm afraid not the noise seems to come from behind the control panel?
Just when the burner is on?Clicking, ticking or humming?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Andrew
Sorry i didnt get back to you, yes it is only when burner is on and it is a clicking noise.
Can you see the flame modulating up and down?