Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511

We have a potterton suprima 50 and had to change the

Hello, we have a potterton suprima 50 and had to change the PCB for the fourth time, since 1997, with the last change over on the 8th December 2015.
With this latest PCB, once the programme starts for the hot water and heating, the heating turns off when the hot water programme finishes and the only way to rectify is to turn the boiler off and on to get the heating back on. But the value is still on. It's a comment occurrence.
Is the problem with the new PBC we've just replaced?
It sounds like the old PCB problem where the boiler will not restart once it has reached temperature and needs the power off to reset the relay.I would send the PCB back for a swap.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your quick response on Christmas Day! Unfortunately my mum and dad bought it off eBay. Apparently new. We'll try and get a replacement. Merry Christmas
No problem, just waiting for the outlaws to arrive!Nomally the new PCB's come with a wiring kit now an you replace most of the control panel.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've emailed the buyer so fingers crossed. Merry Christmas and thanks again.
No problem, come back if you need me again