Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511

I have two Honeywell 2port zone valves next to my water tank.

I have two Honeywell 2port zone valves next to my water tank. When the heating is on one of these makes a continuous knocking sound.
The heating and hot water systems seem to be working.
Thanks in advance for your help,
David Varrall
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the cogs in the valve area slipping.It should be ok until it fails completely, at that point you will have to replace the head.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long before it fails completely and what happens then. I am going on holiday in 2 days.
Thanks,
David Varrall
Hard to say, but if you need the heating more than the hot water when you are away then swap the heads over.The only wire you will need to swap will be the brown wires for each valve in the junction box,This will give you time to sort it after you get back if it fails.