Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas
77408428

I have a franke macerator recently fitted and it keeps backing

I have a franke macerator recently fitted and it keeps backing up, the drains have all been checked and they are clear but the macerator when used keeps acting as though the drains are blocked, also yesterday the plumbing under the macerotor started to leek, any ideas
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , does the waste pipe run to a gulley or a 4 inch waste pipe?,Also might be worth disconnecting the waste pipe and making sure the water is running through the mascerator and that its not blocked inside the machine itself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, there is a U Bend followed by one turn, this is a 2inch pipe which then drops down some 5 foot to the main drain running under the house, the macerator runs sort of ok, the water does not flow out very quickly and the pipework under has now started to leak when the macerator is turned on but not when the water is running from the taps.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
The two inch is big enough as long as it is running down hill, and the run isn't too long. I think you need to see if the 2inch is blocked by taking off the moderator trap and running water via a hose down it , this would see if the pipe is blocked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks, ***** *****'t blocked we have had a camera down it. It runs vertical after the U Bend
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it only leaves the macerator. The motor maybe isn't spinning fast enough to get rid of the food quickly enough