Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas
77408428

We have a Gazco Riva2 1050 gas fire which is 85% fitted with

Customer Question

We have a Gazco Riva2 1050 gas fire which is 85% fitted with just the frame needing to be fixed. Our installer has left the job with this last part unfinished - is the frame technically difficult to fut
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
The fire has to be commissioned properly when finished as an incorrectly fitted fire can be fatal. I recommend getting a gas safe engineer to do it and check the whole installation, especially as the fitter leaving the job is a bit odd.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fire is up and running and has been commissioned. the fire surround is really decorative only
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
That's great.all the best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think we are talking at cross purposes as whilst I said that the fire was up and running it is still missing the surround and of course the fitter. So we have a working fire without the decorative surround and my question was could this be fitted without the benefit of a fire fitter?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Oh,my apologies.no the frame is not difficult to fit. Anyone who does a bit of diy could do it. As long as the hearth is 50mm thick and fire fitted correctly