Airheatman
Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I am attempting to replace my Trane ACYSTAT008b thermostat

Customer Question

Hi, I am attempting to replace my Trane ACYSTAT008b thermostat with Nest gen 3. Problem is that the trane wiring has no identification on the wires so I have no idea where to put them on the Nest. The Trane has 10 wires that go into a plug on the Trane thermostat. Trade thermostat wire colours are brown,white,grey,purple,blue,green,yellow,red,orange,pink.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I know it is not the answer you want, but the Nest 3rd generation is not compatible or designed to replace your Trane ACYSTAT008b
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply but that information is incorrect. Neighbours with he same system had already had it fitted so I have had a local technician carry out the work. The system is compatible.