Jerry
Jerry, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Epa universal certification, hearth products specialized.
34748161

I have a FERcondens 25 HE boiler, I can't get the heating

Customer Question

Hi I have a FERcondens 25 HE boiler, I can't get the heating to stay on, when I get it to come on by default I can't adjust the heating temperature, it has a remote thermostat
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 7 months ago.
Hi , it could be an issue with the rf stat. What is the make and model of it. Also what is the distance between the stat and receiver
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
FERcondens 25 HE about 20 foot possibly less, I'm not good with measurements. Boiler in in die stairs bathroom then there's a small kitchen and thermostat is in the lounge
Hi , do you think k it might be the stat . Do you have the name and model ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What is the stat?
Hi, make sure the heating temperature on the boiler is on maximum, this helps the stat work more efficiently by doing the temperature sensing/setting work. To do this press the radiator symbol then press the up arrow. Could you send a picture of the room stat, thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't get the boiler to come on/stay on
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I basically have no idea how to use it, it's a new one and I've recently bought the house
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to be taken through the whole process from the beginning
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello can you help?
Ok. These new stats are either single day (no timed programs) or 7 day programmable.. it's hard to tell by the photo. But I think yours might be single day.These new stats don't have on and off but temperature changes at specific times. So if you wanted the heating to go off at 11pm you would set the temperature low,ie 4 degrees so that it wouldn't come on.then if you wanted the heating to come on at 7am you would set the temperature high,ie 19 degrees.Looking at your stat if you press the button with the sun and frost button this will allow you to set sun(0n ,high temp) and frost(off,low temp. So you can use that button as an on and off.Could you try this so I'm on the right path.but also turn up the boiler temp for heating
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could you please give me instructions from the beginning on how to operate the boiler and the thermostat as if I was using it fir the first time please and I don't understand how even to turn the boiler up, I can do that to 80 but it defaults then to 33/34, I need to start from the beginning