Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in plumbing heating and gas
77408428

I have a Vaillant Turbomax combi boiler and the central heating isn't working

Customer Question

I have a Vaillant Turbomax combi boiler and the central heating isn't working but the hot water is fine. The boiler fires but no radiators get hot but the pipework close to the boiler does and there are no error codes. I have had the system drained down for a week or so to change a radiator so I guess something could have seized? The diverter valve is working so I'm a bit stuck on where to go next. Some advice would be very helpful. Thanks.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I would suspect the pump.n do the bleed screw on the pump face and insert a screw driver. See if you can turn the rotor with the boiler off .then with boiler on and heating on ,do the same and see if you can feel the impeller spinning . If not replace the pump.