Jerry
Jerry, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Epa universal certification, hearth products specialized.
34748161

Why is it my heating won't come on, I have to mess around

Customer Question

Why is it my heating won't come on, I have to mess around with the thermostat by turning it up and down for it to work, it come on then keep stopping. And some when it stay on the radiator is still cold.
L. Parker
Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, it may be your radiator(s) are not balanced, and therefore the water isnt circulating fast enough to warm them before the thermostat temp is reached, the radiators which are cold do they have a thermostatic valves on them?

With regard to why the thermostat goes off even when the desired temp hasnt been reached could be a sign of a fault thermostat, does the thermostat show the wrong temperature (eg saying the room is 21 degrees when actually its 18)?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you so wanted to follow up to see if you still require assistance for your query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Would you still like to arrange a call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I said I would like to talk with you, but I don't know how to. there is nothing wrong with the radiators, I have fitted a new 3 way valve this morning and the boiler did not start when I switch constant heating or constant hot water. After messing round with the programmer I got the heating to come on but the hot has not come on so while is working at the moment I am afraid to touch it just in case the heating stop over the weekend. I have just purchase a new st9400c honeywell programmer for it, as I say the green light is on constant hot water but it doe's not start up, can you just let me know how to talk to you