JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have a problem with my central heating. The boiler is

Customer Question

Hi I have a problem with my central heating. The boiler is working as hot water is coming on. Potentially it's a problem with the thermostat but no obvious issue
Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Ok so are you saying the boiler is heating the hot water, but the CH wont come on even when you turn up the thermostat or control to on?

If so can you advise of the model of Alpha boiler and how you control the CH (if its via a integrated timer, or a external thermostat\timer on the wall - and if its external please provide the make and model of that to).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James, the central heating has previously been coming on in the mornings but not the evenings, even when I try manual override.There's a wall mounted thermostat - Alpha comfort -RF.I've tried resetting, changing the batteries etc but no luck.Thanks
Jill
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.

Hi Jill, that is very strange for it to only be coming on in the morning but not evening.

The fact its an RF suggests its wireless, and the receiver is mounted within the boiler itself.

Its most likely to be a faulty timer on the thermostat, you have carried out all the obvious things such as changing batteries, powering the unit etc.

So the next step is to get an engineer out, please provide your postcode for me to recommend someone in your area.

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.

Hi Jill,

I havent heard back from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning Jill, I havent heard from you in the last couple of days do you still require assistance. In order for me to close the case I need you to rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

James