JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I am at my wit's end and desperately need help. My Buderos

Customer Question

I am at my wit's end and desperately need help. My Buderos floor-standing boiler with 'matching' hot water tank has been regularly failing to reignite after say, a power cut, for the past two years. Each time one of your engineers come out, something is renewed but the same thing keeps reocurring. Finally, when everything bar the ingition box had been replaced, the engineer said it was to do with the chimney and not enough air so I spent a further £2,000 last November having part of the chimney replaced. Still the same problem and this was after the engineer saying that this would resolve the ignition problem "100%". Again, same problem. He finally replaced the ignition box six weeks ago but the boiler has failed to ignite to heat the hot water three times since then. At no point was I advised to replace the boiler and having been told it was the "Rolls Royce" of boilers I didn't think I had to! I need proper help not simply fobbed off with "try this try that" as over he last two years I have spent thousands of pounds trying to get to the bottom of it. I'm on my knees now, please advise. Juliet Pirie
Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: All have been checked each time the engineer called....but can you now advise what the thermostat settings should be?
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Initially, as getting an engineer out is difficult, but do you advise expert help. If so, shouldn't this check be done each time anyway?
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Are you a 'real' person as your responses do not really relate to my questions?
Assistant: I'm an assistant to the HVAC Technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Great. Then can you help as I've given you a very comprehensive breakdown which you have not referred to yet?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Hi Juliet,

Your through to a independent firm called Just Answer not Buderos, I am an Heating engineer and as not can provide you impartial advise.

To better assist you and find a way forward for you, can you advise the model number of your boiler or if you dont know the fuel type eg Electric, Gas or Oil?

The fact your having an issue on the boiler after it being serviced, suggests it has to be a sensor or PCB fault (which you might be referring to by the ignition box).

When the engineers have attended were they able to replicate the fault?

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

I havent heard back from you, can you confirm your issue is now resolved?

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if I can close the case.