Jerry
Jerry, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Epa universal certification, hearth products specialized.
34748161

Our Vintec v40sge has stopped working (since the kitchen

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, our Vintec v40sge has stopped working (since the kitchen fitter installed it incorrectly into a space with insufficient air circulation then blamed the cupboard space (which he built!). It's not going to work chasing the fitter so we need to sort it out ourselves. Looks like the compressor or possibly thermostat - temperature unstable. If left on can rise to 24degree - no good for wine. Just an expensive cupboard now! What do you think we could try?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: We've basically had it switched off now for a few months. Chiller is at least 4 yrs old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What do you normally need?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.

Pull the chiller out and run it for 24 hours outside of the cupboard and check its working normally as if its just a ventilation issue that should be easy enough to sort out, if its a faulty thermostat then that takes us down a different route of troubleshooting.

Can you also advise the dimensions of the void which the kitchen fitter has created?