geoffsnake
geoffsnake, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Garage owner and Technician for 18 years, Mazda and Ford Master technician
20485022

***@******.*** I have a Samsung battery

Customer Question

den.summerfield @yahoo.co.uk I have a Samsung battery for a electric bike 36v 18 amp.it is charged with the peak detection charger supplied with the bike.the charging seems to work normally ,but the three l.e.d,s on the top of the battery only two are green and the third always remains red even when left on over night.the manual states that the charger should go to trickle charge mode at the end of the charge cycle,but there is no evidence of this happening, is the battery being correctly topped up?? xxxxx xxxxxxx

Category: Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal yes I would still like the answer to this red l.e.d. you might try talking to the boss of electric bike wold, www.electricbikeworld.com he told me on the phone that the battery was fully charged when the three l.e.d showed two green and one red !!! I don't think so.this would mean that the red l.e.d is nothing more than an ornament.???

Thank you for getting back to me and providing more information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.