Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2004 getz failed to start . auto electrcs checked but no

Customer Question

2004 getz failed to start . auto electrcs checked but no success so far. No indication of fault on garage reader. all seems well but will not start
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please continue

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help you with this..

First I need some more info -

What actually happened -- ie, did the car breakdown in use - or just not start one day?

What exactly are the symptoms - ie, does the engine spin on the key -if so, is it fast / unusually fast - slow, sluggish etc?

You say that auto electrics have been checked - what exactly has been checked / done?

Has it been determined where the base fault is - ie, is there a spark on the ignition - ? Is fuel getting to the engine - and if so , is it being injected as well?

Has the compression been checked?

Do you get any fault lights on/ flashing on the dash when you operate the starter motor?

What mileage does the car have - and what is its service / recent repair history?

Lastly - what type / sort of garage is checking the car for you ?

Please work through the above in an itemised way and then when I receive your reply, I will get back to you asap thereafter -

Rgds, MIKE....................................

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike. Briefly, engine was running but would not start after being parked for 2 hours. The engine spins normally. Towed to local auto electrical shop - EPU checked on reader and ok -no flashing light. Spark ok but no injection. Pump ok. Serviced May12. Lambda sensor fitted by MOT shop. Gen. HYUNDAI part.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again..

Thank you for your reply and further info..

In that case its non starting can be put down to lack of fuel.... but is is lack of fuel / ie..fuel pump issue - or injection side of things.

Evidently you have had a lot checked but something has been missed...

You say the fuel pump is ok... are you 100% sure of that ?

Also -and this is important - are there any other electrical circuits not working - ?? any at all?

Plus - has it been connected to a Hyundai or dealer level diagnostic machine at all? If so, what fault codes do you have ?

Rgds, MIKE.................................

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Fuel pump is ok when isolated and tested. I am informed that all is ok electrcally according to the garage reader. Since your last e mail the EPC has been sent away to be checked out on Hyundai dianostic machine, so I'm hopeful that will produce a result. I will, if you don,.t mind keep in touch and let you know the outcome. May be of benefit to others.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

EPC now returned to local auto shop. The specialists gave the box a clean bill of health. The local auto shop are going to re-fit the box.and try again. I agree that it must be the injectioin side if no codes appear on th reader screen. I wonder.