Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hyundai sf diesel 2010 cruise control will only operate in

Customer Question

hyundai sf diesel 2010 cruise control will only operate intermittantly
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name is Mike, I will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

Are there any warning lights coming on at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When you say warning lights i assume you mean rear brake lights, these are working corectly.

when I press the cruise control button the light comes on in the dashboard but having reach speed over 45 kph I still cannot get the cruise control to work on every occasion, it does work on some occasions

Ok the issue that you are describing is the cruise control module is starting to fail and is electrically shorting out and causing the issue that you are having. The system should be storing a trouble code and the first step I would suggest Is to have the vehicle scanned from the dealer.