Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, Parked the car last night. Tried to start it this morning.

Customer Question

Hi, Parked the car last night. Tried to start it this morning. Turning over but not firing. Doesn't seem as if fuel is reaching the engine. '55 plate. Any ideas please? Regards John

Just noticed that the key fob only opens central locking and alarm. It doesn't lock it and doesn't reset alarm. Some problem with the immobiliser perhaps?

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name is Mike, I will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

How old is the vehicles battery?

Does the vehicle turn over at the normal speed?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Bought the car in Jan. Was told battery was a new one. Turns over as normal. About a month ago the heating system packed up...blowers fine but no heat. Had that done at a local electrical garage.

Ok,what this issue is consistent with is the immobilizer loosing communication with the vehicle and causing it not to start,basically the vehicle thinks it is being stolen.Here are a few things you can try.Disconnect the negative battery cable and then the positive and leave disconnected for 5 minutes then reconnect positive first and then negative and retry.If this doesn't work lock all doors and lock and unlock the drivers door twice with the key and retry.If this doesn't work the system will need to be reset using a dealer scan tool to get the system reset.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike

You are a lifesaver! Removed battery as you said. Reconnected. Started first time.

Thank you for your help. Very grateful.

Kind Regards

John

No problem thank you don't forget to rate the answer positive for me, thanks again.