Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a atoz comming up for mot this month the clutch is giving

Customer Question

I have a atoz comming up for mot this month the clutch is giving some problems i really have to push the puddle down hard to change gear (often better to drive without it) but in morning traffic it can be a nightmare is this a sign of gearbox change or just a thrust bearing issue?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hopefully i can help..

Just to clarify..I asume the clutch pedal has become hard to actually depress down?

Any sort of burning smell inside the car?

Whats it like when you sit stationary with the engine off and depress the clutch and change gears - same result?

How many miles does the car have?